Alert: FY 2018 Per Diem Rates Announced
Friday, August 11, 2017
Posted by: Seth Petersen
The General Services Administration’s (GSA) announced today, Friday, August 11, 2017, its Per Diem Rates for FY 2018, effective October 1, 2017.
The standard continental United States (CONUS) rate increased from $91 per night to $93. There are no new Virginia NSAs for FY2018 and no locations will move from an NSA to CONUS. Here are some notable changes:
- Loudoun County received a $4 increase to $101
- Virginia Beach's peak summer (June 1 to August 31) rate dropped $5 to $180
- DC — Fairfax, Alexandria, Arlington, etc. had strong increases across the board
- Richmond increased $7 to $139 between November 1 and August 31
- Blacksburg dropped from two seasons to a single rate
- Williamsburg/York peak rate was extended from March 1 through August 31 to January 1 through August 31
CONUS: Standard Rate for lower 48 Continental United States
NSAs: Non-Standard Areas for which a higher Per Diem Rate is established
The below chart outlines the changes from FY 2017 to FY 2018. Unless listed, the CONUS rate applies.
FY 2018 Per Diem Rates - Effective October 1, 2017 (Click To View/Print PDF)
If you have any additional questions about the GSA Per Diem rates, please contact Eric Terry at eric‹at›vrtla.org or 804.288.3065.