VRLTA Announces the Election of New Chairman, 12 New Members to the Board of Directors
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Richmond, Va. – May 10, 2017 – The Virginia Restaurant, Lodging & Travel Association (VRLTA) announced at the association’s Annual Membership Meeting, held at Stonewall Jackson Resort & Conference Center on May 1, 2017, the election 12 members to its Board of Directors, including a new Chairman of the Board.
Randy Thompson, President and Publisher at VistaGraphics, Inc., was elected Chairman of the Board. Thompson started the publishing company in 1985. Today, the company has grown into a full-service publishing firm. As the current publisher of more than 33 titles, including VRLTA’s Inside Virginia Hospitality. Thompson will be taking over the position from Debbie Donehey, owner of Griffin Tavern, who completed her two-year term as Chair of the Board.
The following positions were also newly elected to the Board of Directors during the Annual Membership Meeting:
- Chairman of the Board – Randy Thompson – Vista Graphics
- Vice Chairman of the Board – Brad Capps – The Breakers Resort Inn
- Secretary – Matt Simmons – Capital Ale House
- Treasurer – Debbie Stocks – Your Benefits Partner, LLC
- Robert Reed – SMI Hotel Group – Virginia Hotel & Lodging Association
- Bill Gambrell – Doc Taylor’s & Tautog’s – Virginia Restaurant Association
- Mary Fugere – Hampton Convention & Visitor’s Bureau – Virginia Travel Association
- Nancy Perry – InterExchange – Virginia Hospitality Suppliers Association
- Charles Friend – Homewood Suites Woodbridge – Northern Virginia
- Katherine O’Donnell – Richmond Region Tourism – Central-Southern Virginia
Directors at Large
- Virginia Restaurant Association – Jim Wordsworth – J.R.’s Stockyards Inn
- Virginia Restaurant Association – Shannon Conway – Rueger Restaurant Group
“First and foremost, I want to thank Debbie Donehey for her two-years of service as Chair of our Association and the Board members who are accepting new positions,” said Eric Terry, president of VRLTA. “We accomplished a lot under Debbie’s tenure, and I look forward to continuing those successes with our new chair, Randy, and the new slate of officers.”
The VRLTA Board of Directors, elected from the existing member base, have shown exemplary service in their industry and to VRLTA and its members.
About the Virginia Restaurant, Lodging & Travel Association (VRLTA)
The Virginia Restaurant, Lodging & Travel Association is the only unified voice for the restaurant, lodging, travel and hospitality suppliers associations. VRLTA creates value for members by promoting the legislative interests of the industry, networking, educational opportunities, and protecting free enterprise. Inquiries about membership and VRLTA services should be directed to VRLTA at (804) 288-3065 or VRLTA.org.
# # #
Download the full release.